- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
The Biomedical Engineering (BME) undergraduate major is a limited enrollment program. During Fall semester of sophomore year, Pre-BME majors apply for admission to the upper division BME major, which begins Spring semester of sophomore year. Transfer students with an AA degree are considered every semester, but must be competitive compared to students admitted during the regular admission cycle.
The rapid growth of the BME department in recent years has allowed an increase in the number of students accepted into the upper division BME major as shown below.
Fall 2014: 30 students
Spring 2015: 40 students
Spring 2016: 50 students
Spring 2017: 100 students
- Completion of the first three semesters of BME plan of study by Fall semester of application (see note below for transfer students)
- Competitive GPA in BME Critical Tracking courses (minimum 3.0)
- Competitive cumulative UF GPA
- BME Departmental online application (below)
BME Departmental Online Application
Current UF students: Applications for Spring 2017 admission consideration are now closed. A link to the application form will be provided here during the next open application period (September 1-21). The application deadline for Spring 2018 is September 21, 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
Transfer applicants: You are not required to complete the BME Departmental Online Application. Please complete the online transfer application through the UF Office of Admissions.
Instructions for Transfer Students
The College of Engineering admits qualified transfer students who have completed an Associate of Arts degree at a Florida public community or state college. Students seeking admission from other universities or out-of-state schools may be considred for admission on a space available basis. UF transfer applications including transcripts must be received by the UF Office of Admissions by the posted deadline.
For a successful application to the Biomedical Engineering major, the below courses from the state's common course pre-requisites manual for BME must be completed. Additional requirements are as follows:
- No more than three of the below courses (not counting labs) can be in-progress at the time of application
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is required in the below pre-requisite courses. This GPA must be competitive compared to UF lower division students admitted
- Must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative (overall) GPA
- No more than two attempts are allowed for any of the below pre-requisites. Withdrawals count as an attempt.
- Transfer applicants must complete both the UF transfer application AND the above departmental online application. Details on UF transfer admissions and a link to the UF application can be found here.