- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
Medical Radiation Shielding & Protection
This course will deal with the radiation safety principles for all areas of clinical medical physics.
Student will become proficient of practical radiation safety objectives and regulatory requirements in clinical practice including those for patients, members of the general public and staff. Students will learn the principles for designing and installing structural shielding in clinical facilities that satisfies both regulatory requirements and clinical needs, including optimized installation costs and permitting acceptable patient flow.
BME Medical Physics Courses